Nursing ServicesBasic Home Infusion Inc. (BHI) provides home refills of intrathecal pumps allowing individuals more freedom in their daily lives. BHI only hires and employs Registered Nurses who are specifically trained to refill and program intrathecal pumps. Our medications are compounded in a JCAHO Accredited Pharmacy. We hold the utmost standards in order to provide quality, safe, and effective care in the comfort of one’s own home.
The nurses who see patients in the home are called the "Field nurses". The field nurses receive extensive training and their experience is unparalleled in the industry. BHI provides ongoing training for even our most experienced nurses. This allows our field nurses to provide quality care to our patients through services such as:
- Pump refills and dose changes performed by registered nurses specialized in intrathecal pump management
- Physical assessments incorporated into each home visit
- Providing patients with ongoing patient education
- Patient evaluations aimed to track and monitor the disease progression and changes brought on by disease states
- Patient assessments to evaluate response to intrathecal therapy and identify the need for adjustments to dosage
- Pump troubleshooting
" The service of the nurse is exceptional. I couldn't ask for anything more."